Monday, October 20, 2008

alive...in my own skin....

the green weed grows wild in my mind.... remember when..and why...the music sings to me again... on this sunny day...early air...sweeps through my hair... awaking in a nightmare...breath deep...fast...hard... my heart aches...is this my world...am i living in a dream...the nightmare of the day consumes...it's not the length...of life we live..is it..? simple words...fall slowly saturating... my body.... how much time do we have....? not so much!!! looking for the light...the tunnel seems long... the flicker at the end...only a headlight...guiding me... always thinking...i am a princess... never knowing...i am not...fifty years...wearing the jeweled crown... don't let the bastards get you down.... breathing the autumn air... yellow gold... orange and brown...not yet appear....the red horizon.... warm and far.... reoccurring dream... the land that sparkles...oceans vast...sunlit drops.... perfect persuasion.... telling me not to give up... standing still while the world races around...faster faster...i can't stop looking...flashing life before my eyes.... faster faster...the day becomes night... faster faster... my mind races...where to begin... how much time do we have....? not so much!!!
his eyes sad...another disappointment... who is to love me... who is to hold me... while the music sings...melodic... reminders... the reason for remembering... do we let go....of yesterday...to move forward into tomorrow... give me strength...let me learn...show me how... let go let go... it's all a part of who i am.... holding on to days... like dreams...technicolor... the boys grow into men... the mother grows old.... the wretched woman... lives long... rambling on and on....

No comments: