Saturday, November 15, 2008

miracles.....

november 13th... was one of those days... waking in the best mood...knowing this day would be one bad ass day... the world was gonna shine upon me all it's magic and in one swift moment....all my problems would disappear.... the pot of gold at the other end of the rainbow...was just waiting for me...to dig my hands into...

NOPE

around 9:30am... just after getting my house cleaned... and the floors swept...is when it all changed.... at this moment...i knew... my great day had just gone to shit...but...i was gonna hold on to my dream...as long as i could... it was while i was taking the full trash bag out of the container....when it split...from the bottom up...spilling all it's contents onto the freshly cleaned floor.... coffee grounds...wet paper... etc... i just laughed... and said...no god not today....you're not gonna do this to me today.... after cleaning up the mess.... taking the trash out....everything satisfactory... it was on to the next thing...

shower....brush wet hair...get dressed....head to the red cup....for a quick cup of coffee and a short visit... here comes the next blow...unexpected.... while waiting in line... one of the girls behind the counter decided to pull a little power trip... in front of everyone standing at the counter she asked me for a receipt..... what.... i don't have a receipt....you know for that $20....no i don't have the receipt...the 20 is in the envelop....i will bring the receipt in when i have it...
a little history.... this is the red cups 6th annual trinkets n baubles holiday event....which i have put on every year.... outside of the food which the red cup handles.... the little power tripper.... completely played game on me..... i immediately went into defense mode....got a little irritated.... telling her i've been doing it this way for six years and there has not been a problem yet...i get some cash...pick up whatever is needed...bring back a receipt...simple as that.... she then tells me things change....and is wanting me to spend my money then get reimbursed.... no... i don't think so... it's your event.... i'm a volunteer...so we will be spending red cups money and i will bring back the receipt... okay.... of course....she had to get the last word in...telling me she would..."just talk to.....kurt..." i'm thinking is this a threat...or what..?....i really don't know what that meant... WTF ever... about 20 minutes later....i left the cup...to run errands.... still pondering what had just happened... okay...kelley let it go...she's pregnant... a control freak... just let it go...

the next thing i know...my car is driving funny.... the steering wheel is pulling to the left...and i'm
hearing this clack clack clack sound...holy shit... what's up with this.... more history.... my right front tire was losing air...for like 3 weeks.... every morning i had to stop at the 7 11 put air in the tire... well i got that fixed wednesday night...or was it tuesday.... not permanently fixed but fixed enough to get around for a few more weeks...i had hoped anyway... both of my front tires were in really bad shape....worn slick to say the least.... so here it is... 11:30....thursday morning... and clack...clack...clack.... pulling into the 7 11 to check my tires... i see that now my front left tire was losing air... i'm an expert at this now... right...so i grab the air hose...and begin to fill up the tire when i notice what appears to be a toggle bolt in my tire... yep... a toggle bolt...

okay....this was it... the straw that broke the camels back.... i knew right then i was in trouble....

my day was going to hell in hand basket...still holding on to my dream.... i wasn't gonna let this get me down...nope...i wasn't...

eventually it did....4:30pm... i took some tools to mikec's house for some work i am doing.... mike suggested we take isabella to the firestone place.... to get the tire fixed....well of course... they couldn't get to it until friday morning... while standing at the counter....i could feel the tears....they were coming and nothing was stopping them... i looked at the firestone guy...then to mike... saying... i don't want him to see me cry....quickly turning away.... slipping my sunglasses down over my eyes...i walked out of the building.... mike offered to take me home.... but i had one more stop...

i went to visit a friend...when the crying really hit...and wouldn't stop... i cried and cired for hours....at 10:30pm i went to get in my car to go home and the tire was completely flat.... i had to drive on it for several blocks to get air.... crying the entire way.... screaming not very nice things at myself.... while people passed me....my hazard lights flashing... oh...this is such a great f...ing day....

friday morning arrives....i'm still here... still angry about the toggle bolt....another flat tire... the world sucks...

okay...this is where the miracle comes in....... mikeC followed me to the firestone place again...dropped isabella off...it would take about 2 hours... my spirits way low... exhausted from all the crying...emotionally drained... still teary...mike and i went to breakfast....ran a couple of errands.....stopped at the red cup...and after about 30 minutes there... we left... to run more errands.... my phone rings.... hello.... hi kelley? this is bubba... at firestone... oh yes...hi..is my car ready...well no... it's not...the tire is unrepairable....repeating out loud what bubba had said.... mike responded...i was afraid of that... anyway... there was no other choice but to get a new tire.... within 15 minutes bubba called again..saying the other tire is bald... and needs to be replaced as well.... an hour or so later...isabella had new tires... and was ready to go...

this is what i'm thinking....if the toggle bolt had not jumped up and poked itself into my tire.... i would have continued driving on the unsafe bald tires as long as i could...which might have ended in disaster... or me in the hospital.... all of this.... tells me...that really shitty things...could turn into really great things...and something as silly as a toggle bolt became a miracle in my life.... who knows... perhaps there is more to this life of mine than i thought....

No comments: