Friday, September 26, 2008

please don't let me forget.....

to say thank you...
to see the flowers in bloom...
to dance in the rain....
to sing....
the rainstorm... tuesday may 6th, 1985
taylor's birth....wednesday may 7th, 1985
the sun shine... saturday may 21st, 1988
leighton's birth... saturday may 21st, 1988
the first time i laid my eyes...on my sons...took them in my arms...
my father....my mother.... my brothers....my sister...

please don't let me forget...
the tears of goodbye...
the smile of hello...
the embrace that made everything okay....
the many times i jumped on the trampoline with my sons...
the day... i thought no one cared... the phone and doorbell rang at the same time
the mother who stands alone holding her child...while the father turns his back...
the father who cannot see his child....while the mother turns her back...
the child that cries alone... while it's parents turn their back...

please don't let me forget....
the scent... just before the rain falls...
the friend...who said... i love you...
the first sign of spring...
the dog days of summer....
the magnificent color of autumn
the bitter cold of winter...
the fire in the fireplace...
the quiet of the white falling snow...
the tree adorned with time treasures....
the day of my sons high school graduations
the tears of joy....
the tears of sadness...
the sound of my father's laugh...
the comfort of my father's lap...
his strength...his never ending kindness... his love

please don't let me forget...
the family camp outs...
riding in the boat....so fast it felt like we were flying...
my first plane ride...
my first kiss...
my first...almost...2nd base... the tingle...the tickle...
the fireworks...on the 4th of july...
christmas morning....
ripping open the first present christmas morning...
the aroma... engulfing the house on thanksgiving day...

please don't let me forget...
to smile...
to laugh so hard...my gut hurts...
the way my father would grab my knee and squeeze it...
my mom's sunday dinner...fried chicken and mashed potatoes..
my first bicycle...
fishing with my family...on a warm summer night...
the fire flies dancing about....
the first time i drove a car..
my father polishing his mgb...white with red interior...
my mother's giant red station wagon...
my grandmothers thelma and doris
my great grandmother...stella
the ancestors before me...
the children to follow....
to take time
to smile at everyone...
to lend a helping hand...
to say i'm sorry...
to say i love you...

please don't let me forget...
all the beauty...that surrounds me every single day...
the love...that is everywhere...
to reach out...
to believe in humanity..
to love without condition...
to expect only of myself...
to be grateful good or bad...
to never regret...
to get up...everyday...and do what i can...to make a difference...
to let go...of my own stubborn ways...
to embrace others...
to believe in miracles...
to never ever give up...

please don' t let me forget...

what this life is really about...

1 comment:

mcarp said...

You da bomb, kelleyO.