Monday, December 8, 2008

giving....thanks

has brought me amazing insight... enlightened me as to the power of gratitude... things that typically have a negative impact... don't seem so bad...or i can easily let go...

as i mentioned before... my thank you list....is somewhat random...whatever comes to mind...i add it to my list...and say thank you.... i say thank you throughout the day...for so many different things...some that are currently in my life...some i would like to have in my life...others are somewhat abstract...as to being a better person...for love and light... for silly things... like sneezing... saying thank you for pleasant and unpleasant situations....

along with the good...is always the bad... there are always those things i don't quite understand... or i wish i didn't have to deal with... and it seems like...whenever things are going really good... there is always that one person...playing the devils advocate... or doing whatever they can...to bring me back down to earth...making sure they point out and i know everything that's wrong with me...or some shit... does this somehow make them feel better about themselves... is it...i need to know...what a total fuck up i am... and they feel it's important to... tell me and others how awful i am... thank you to all of you...who feel the need to set me straight...and make sure i'm aware of my horrible ways....

so after... hearing these lovely things about myself... and working all day on the trinkets n baubles party saturday... i decided sunday morning... i would just stay home.... my son leighton had come in the night before from stillwater... so we spent the day working on the house...cooking and decorating.... eating breakfast together......we started the pot roast early .... leighton raked up 4 or 5 bags of fallen leaves...we got out the christmas lights....checking each strand... at night fall we began hanging the lights... wrapping...twisting...cursing... strand after strand... our next door neighbor was doing the same...(not cursing though) after a couple of hours....leighton and i had created a magical lighted wonderland.... taylor came home too.... surprise!!!! the three of us had dinner together... the way we do... sitting on the sofa... glasses of milk.... bowls of pot roast... the umm umms...mom this is so good... a movie...selected by taylor... the tv remote king...channeling back and forth from movie to football... the day was complete....the weekend was complete.... my sons home... for the whole night....

i suppose....there will always be the negative...the nasty...the angry... and bitter... but... as long as i say thank you... find the goodness in my day... somehow...everything will be okay...

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I don't need to nod and smile in confusion about some of your posts, KO. I get this one and think it's wonderful. Have you thought about being a life coach for a depressed guy?

blogblah