Monday, December 15, 2008

putting things into

perspective...a different twist on my life... the other day...a friend...said something to me... which resonated deep in my soul.....he said the exact words i had said to myself only a week or so before "i can't imagine living another 20 years..... doing this for another 20 years...." suddenly i found myself responding with....what the hell are you talking about....? shocked by his words...as if he had already given up....he didn't want to do this anymore... i knew....exactly what he meant....however my response was much different than i expected.... encouraging my friend... telling him... he is gonna be around for a long time...

he has made life choices...that free him of the normal daily life routines.... he retired early... and has absolutely no desire to work... or do anything else for that matter...

i on the other hand do... i have an incredible desire...to work...and do whatever i can to make a difference in my life....and the lives of others... i pray for a job...that requires my mind to exercise everyday... a job that requires my full attention... a job...that fills me up with passion... motivation... and ambition... i am so ready... to have a place to go everyday....routine... earning a living...paying my bills... having money to buy groceries...and gas for my car... to get a new pair of shoes if i like... and more than anything a purpose... a real reason to get up everyday....

so on this magical monday...i give thanks...for the job of my dreams...our christmas tree...decorated with lights and ornaments... for the success of the ride4warmth bike race...and all the donations... from the community...and the generous sponsors.... i give thanks for my cozy warm bed...and the new heater... to keep my house warm...for the lovely day that lies ahead... for the love that surrounds me... for my family and friends....thank you for all the beauty in my life...the magical moments... the miracles...small and big...the money to pay my bills...and buy christmas gifts for all those i love... thank you for this wonderful holiday season....

love and light...to all..and may the spirit of the holidays fill you up with glorious magical moments to cherish always.....

No comments: