Saturday, December 6, 2008

thankful thursday...!!!

last week... before the holiday i read something about thankful thursday... taking time to give thanks for everything... repeating thank you over and over again throughout the day... i took this to heart... giving each day of the week an additional name...sensational sunday....merry monday...terrific tuesday... wonderful wednesday...thankful thursday...fruitful friday...sweet sunshiny saturday... then i made a thank you list...beginning with my sons... family...friends...my home...my lucy girl...and ollie cat...the ability to laugh at myself......a random list of gratitude.... each day...adding to the list... realizing... so many things...i have to be grateful for... instead of asking for something....i just say thank you for that something... the results...have had an incredible impact on my world.... it's as though i just woke up... feeling this warm smiley sensation in my gut....bubbling up....like a volcano of yummy energy...

each day has been filled with so much goodness...kindness...love... smiles...generosity.... laughter... hugs... gifts...unexpected phone calls... old friends...new friends....

i made a conscious decision to enjoy the holidays this year... no matter what...i am embracing this season with love...happiness...and gratitude... the funny thing is... i have less monetarily than i have ever had in my entire life... however with this lack... i have discovered great abundance... in every little thing...

i can't wait to decorate my house in the spirit of christmas... tie a red bow on lucy....place a tree in my front window....lights glowing....ornaments glistening....the scent of cinnamon...and spices... candles...and pine cones...wrapping gifts... this year...i'm celebrating...the beauty of giving... the power of gratitude... the closure...of a wonderful year... the beginning of a new one...the success of my friends and family... the kindness bestowed upon me each day.... the love that surrounds me...

don't even try...and tell me i can't...because....there is nothing.... at all that can stop me...

today...take a minute...just to say thank you...!!!
love and light to all...and to all....a very merry christmas!!!!




No comments: