Wednesday, January 21, 2009

if i knew how to

link blogs...i would direct you to blogblah... his reflection...experience....of yesterdays events could not have been....said more eloquently...

if i could add anything....it would be the moment....just after Obama was sworn in..... while driving into edmond oklahoma.... i cried....i cheered out loud....did the jiggy joo joo dance swinging my hands over my head......for the edmond world to see..... as i looked around...feeling a bit silly... incredibly moved.. in every car....there were.....motionless edmondites....staring blankly.... doing what they do best.... NOTHING....

i also called my son leighton....who was in class.... in stillwater....leaving him a voice mail.... "i hope....you are getting to see this ...incredible moment in history... the most significant historical moment of my life time.... i love you... call me..after class..."

to my surprise... complete and total disappointment... his professor did not permit her students the opportunity...the choice... to listen to the swearing in of the 44th president...of our United States.... my son missed it....because....of a teacher? are you serious????

1 comment: