Thursday, January 29, 2009

new friends...old faces....

lovers in waiting... intimate conversations... living vicariously through another life... a man... a friend...secrets revealed.... sleep overs like childhood friends.... laughing and eating in bed... the movie...repeating...previously seen... stories of love lust... who we are oohing over...wanting to lavish upon our gift of sex... heart breaks... phone calls not returned...where did they go...just yesterday...we were...we were...

walking into the room filled with familiar faces....curious glances... assumptions made....he and she... they must be...they have to be... laughing at the public response... no no...we are just friends... man and woman...hanging together...wing man...buddy.... i'm not the one... he is a dear dear friend.... brother like...to me... what would life be without the men...on this earth... much less colorful is my guess.... mother of two sons..... sister of two brothers......my father...my hero.... friends with many men... my sanctuaries... treasured moments... held close to my heart....

as many women...i find comfort in male friendships... not fitting in with the wives the girlfriends... hanging with the men...considered one of guys.... shots of tequila... beer slinging....stories... laughing at each other... brother brother...sister me... unspoken boundaries .... no need for sex... our friendship...is kindred... no coincidence ... there is a reason you and i are here...together at this moment... for a while we will share...until the love...you long for...enters... and sucks you into her lair...

today i celebrate the men in my life...the friends..the stories...the moments i will never forget... my father...my brothers.....my sons ....my countless man friends... throughout this life... i thank you all....for your kindness... your strength and encouragement....your laughter and tears...your hopes and dreams....your secret passions.... i thank you all for opening my eyes...for giving to me...part of you...i thank you for every second we spent together....

No comments: