Monday, January 19, 2009

in a dream...

last night...i took a ride with my father... he wanted me to see the house he was building.... an amazing structure.... not complete.... the entire inside was raw...unfinished wood.... winding stair cases.... a great room... suddenly...i was in another home....apparently my home... no furniture.... just a giant....empty house.... standing at the kitchen sink....i turned on the faucet... the next thing i knew...the sink was over flowing... and i was standing in 6 inches of water.....

waking from the dream....i sat up...turned on the light... checked the movies on HBO.... turned the light off again....curled up with my favorite pillow...drifting back to sleep....

dreaming again....i'm in a house....my home...completely empty....when in walks my sister and her three daughters.... saying to them... you can live here with me....

waking from the dream...i sat up...turned on the light...checked the movies on HBO... turned the light off again....curled up with my favorite pillow...drifted back to sleep....

dreaming i was driving a tiny little car.... with a red tarp over it....the rain was falling hard... i couldn't see where i was going...stopping occasionally to make sure i was heading the right direction... when i finally came to a stop... i could go no further.... removing the tarp...looking around to see where i was... as i looked over my left shoulder... i saw a police car....with two officers staring at me.... they asked me if they could help me... refusing their assistance.... i turned away.... got out of the tiny car... a man came up to me.... and we walked away....

what does this shit mean.... all night long...i had dreams....dreams... and more dreams.... waking me up... repeating the same thing 4 or 5 times....

finally it was 4:30.... telling myself...just get up...it's okay to get up this early... making my way to the coffee maker.... the normal routine.... grind the beans...fill the pot with water.... change the filter....add the fresh ground coffee...pour the water in....push the on button...

beep............beep...........beep....costa rican coffee freshly brewed.... mild blend.... touch of sugar... back to bed...

i have not dreamed of my father in years....it was him...loud and clear....i could here his voice... smell his scent... it was him... my dad...visited me in a dream....

dreaming of my sister....now this is strange....i was actually happy to see shelley and her daughters.... surprised...they were here.... welcoming them with open arms... this is all shades of wrong... what does it all mean....

floods...rain.....father....sister..... daughters.... the water just kept coming...all around me... water....water....water....wood...spiral staircase....

No comments: